MSIB – What does it mean?
Definition: activities in a retail store by store associates and management that are undertaken to provide relevant information to consumers about products , creating a personalized shopping experience for the customer resulting in increased sales. Typically these targeted activities are enhanced by blending technology and experience: The relevant information that makes up the experience users get on the Amazon site is an example of what MSIB is.
Origin: 2010: More Stuff In (the) Bag
Synonyms: cross-sell, upsell, recommendations, targeted communications, relevant
Antonyms: apathetic, distracted, unfiltered, shotgun marketing
Examples of use of MSIB
1. In 2012, any worthwhile retail solution must have MSIB.
2. If your POS system does not offer you MSIB, it is just a POS!
3. Giving store associates tools to provide consumers relevant data on the floor results in MSIB.
4. When you think about how you end up spending more when you visit the Amazon site, you immediately believe in MSIB.
5. As a retailer, can you afford to not have MSIB?
Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.